Pretty Graphs on Chinese Internet User Demographics, January, 2012
The CNNIC report for January 2012 came out, so I've updated my graphs to reflect the recent data. The data is up-to-date as of the end of December, 2011.
- There are now 513 million Intenet users in China, 56 million more than last year. That's about the same as the total population of USA, Canada, Australia, Germany and the UK.
- There are 356 million mobile Internet users in China. 69% of China's Internet users use mobile devides to access the Internet.
- There are 136 million rural Chinese Internet users.
- Users spend an average of 18.7 hours online per week.
- The percentage of users that use the Internet for news decreased from 77.2% to 71.5%.
- There are now 194 million online shoppers in China. (Check out our recent post on TMall).
- 49% of China's Internet Users are microbloggers.
- There are now 407 million search engine users in China.
I'll be posting some data specific to mobile Internet users soon. If interested, subscribe if you haven't already.