Full-time Website Developer
- Building and maintaining multiple websites (based on WordPress and Drupal) independently according to company requirements;
- Coordinating with the content team and designer to complete the website;
- Optimization of the website for search engines (Google, Baidu);
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing operational data and user behaviour, and proposing corresponding optimizations based on the assessment to improve user experience;
- Monitoring and optimization of CTAs;
- Providing technical advice and innovative ideas on how to improve projects and develop new services for our clients.
- SSL certificate and HTTPS arrangement;
- Other website operations. (For example: building mini-apps for WeChat)
What we look for
- More than two years of experience in website system development (able to demonstrate a portfolio during the interview);
- Familiar with WordPress and Drupal website management system;
- Good communication skills, understanding ability and team spirit, strong sense of responsibility, and familiar with SEO/SEM related experience is preferred;
- Effective communication skills in written English and daily conversational skills in English.
Why join us?
Nanjing Marketing Group is a bilingual marketing agency that helps clients from all over the world understand the Chinese market, build their brand and make sales in China. Most of our clients are SMEs or education institutions with little to no presence in China, which may be challenging.
Therefore, we are looking for people with creative minds that are able to come up with new solutions and are willing to work as a part of a team. We’re always learning new things which means you will be asked to research things on your own and develop new skills. In return, we offer lots of room to learn and great work culture.
We are a bridge between Chinese and Western culture, and our goal is to introduce Chinese businesses and consumers to high-quality Western products, solutions and services, and to help Chinese students start their educational journey abroad.
Work in the office or anywhere else. We run more efficiently by making all of our processes virtual. You are welcome to work in the office, elsewhere in China, or anywhere else in the world. Our team is usually based in at least four different time zones, which means there’s always at least one person online, around the clock (a teammate to ask for help or to have a friendly chat!). Plus, we offer you a flexible schedule!
However, we do not believe in working long hours; our team works 35 hours per week on average. We want our team to “Explore, Create, Discover” and this means leaving enough space to learn and unwind. To fulfil this promise, we share learning opportunities such as online courses paid by the company, and the opportunity to pick the brains of experienced content and social marketers, SEMer, strategists… We also expect you to share your learnings with the rest of the team on a biweekly basis---at the end of each sprint as our work is organized according to the rules of Scrum.
At NMG, base salaries are competitive with Nanjing standards. Plus, 35% of pre-tax profit is shared with employees. Bonuses are based on team-performance, with little pressure to meet a minimum, but huge room for growth.