Chinese Social Media & Content Marketer
We’re looking for people that are special.
If you love marketing, there are many places you could work- but why would you want to work at some little agency called “Nanjing Marketing Group?”
First, the bad news. It will be a challenge. Most of our clients are Western SMEs with limited budgets and little presence in China. They face Chinese competition that knows the environment better, moves with lightning speed and is willing to spend more of their budget on advertising.
But, still, we are here to help accelerate the spread of ideas and products across cultures, and into China in particular. Some of our clients really do have something special to contribute to the world. We’re connecting Chinese people with their dream post-secondary education; software to help businesses be more efficient; eco-friendly foods; and tools for commerce to name a few things. All things that are beneficial to China and the world.
Then, more bad news, there’s you. You’ll be expected to create a better version of yourself each two weeks. Your pace of learning about both marketing and other cultures cannot slow down. What some companies would have you do in 50 hours/week, we’ll expect you to do in 35.
The good news is that all of that can be done. We can improve ourselves, improve our teams, grow our clients and contribute to the world.
- Plan, research, and write marketing content (in Chinese) for blogs, websites, landing pages, etc. based on customer needs;
- Write articles, blog posts, and press releases (in Chinese) independently based on clients’ industry;
- Translation and editing of related materials; including articles, websites, and slogans;
- Assistance in planning marketing campaigns;
- Conducting research and social media management;
- Use data analysis to analyze work progress and independently complete weekly and monthly reports.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, with relevant showcase/portfolio;
- Strong copywriting skills and ability to independently write and/or rewrite marketing content;
- Good at web design and landing page optimization;
- Basic understanding of websites and landing pages, able to use basic web building and management systems, (i.e. Wordpress);
- Accurately grasp trending topics and industry hotspots, have keen market insight, a unique perspective, and familiarity with the characteristics of new media communication;
- Bachelor’s degree or above in language, advertising, advertising planning, news communication, or marketing;
- Have excellent communication skills in written English and daily conversation skills in English;
- Have strong understanding, comprehension ability, work coordination and work responsibility.