Senior Ads Specialist
We’re looking for people that are special.
If you love marketing, there are many places you could work- but why would you want to work at some little agency called “Nanjing Marketing Group?”
First, the bad news. It will be a challenge. Most of our clients are Western SMEs with limited budgets and little presence in China. They face Chinese competition that knows the environment better, moves with lightning speed and is willing to spend more of their budget on advertising.
But, still, we are here to help accelerate the spread of ideas and products across cultures, and into China in particular. Some of our clients really do have something special to contribute to the world. We’re connecting Chinese people with their dream post-secondary education; software to help businesses be more efficient; eco-friendly foods; and tools for commerce to name a few things. All things that are beneficial to China and the world.
Then, more bad news, there’s you. You’ll be expected to create a better version of yourself each two weeks. Your pace of learning about both marketing and other cultures cannot slow down. What some companies would have you do in 50 hours/week, we’ll expect you to do in 35.
The good news is that all of that can be done. We can improve ourselves, improve our teams, grow our clients and contribute to the world.
You are awesome at:
- Executing performance-driven paid search, social and display campaigns;,
- Developing suitable strategies for projects in various industries;
- Optimizing and managing campaigns using various analytics tools (proficiency in Google and Baidu Analytics required) to meet internal goals and KPIs;
- Providing regular suggestions on how to optimize and improve existing campaigns;
- Proactively creating opportunities within the existing client network and/or referrals;
- Defining digital advertising campaign budgets and media plans for new projects to meet the discussed goals and KPIs;
- Working with external vendors such as Baidu, Weibo, Google, etc.
- Keeping up-to-date with existing and new products and strategies in your niche;
- Working with other team members, planning and coordinating your own tasks.
- Bachelor's degree or above in, advertising, advertising planning, communication, marketing or related field;
- 3+ years of work experience in digital advertising; relevant B2B lead generation or education-related experience is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills in written English and daily conversation skills in English;
- Proficient at Google Analytics, Baidu Tongji and similar tools & platforms;
- Strong understanding of SEO/SEM, with experience in Weibo Fan Connect, WeChat Moments ads, Douyin News Feed ads and Zhihu News Feed ads are preferred;
- Passion for digital and online media, as well as researching and understanding industry trends.