China Marketing 101
Wed, 01/01/2020 - 15:47
If you're learning about marketing in China, this is a great place to start. We'll take you through step-by-step.
These posts are intended for people with some marketing experience, and varying degrees of experience with China.
An Overview of Chinese Marketing
- 5 Keys to Success for Implementing a Chinese Marketing Campaign - A good place to start.
- China Digital Marketing for Western Businesses - Discusses marketing channels further.
- Brief Intro to The Chinese Language - Which type of Chinese should you use for marketing in China?
Chinese Search Engines
- China’s 4 Major Search Engines
- China SEM Campaign Pre-launch Checklist - Focused on Baidu, but also relevant for 360, Sogou and other Chinese search engines.
- Baidu vs Google Search Results - A video tour of 5 search results pages on both Baidu and Google.
- Baidu SEO Basics - How to Optimize Your Site for Baidu
- Baidu's Paid Search Interface
Chinese Social Media
- A video tour of WeChat
- KOLs (Influencers) in Chinese Marketing Campaigns
- Weibo Marketing
- Douyin Marketing
- Xiaohongshu - Introduction, video tour and marketing
- Bilibili - A Tour of Bilibili
- QQ Marketing
- Chinese podcast monetization (Ximalaya)
- A video tour of Zhihu
- A video intro to Maimai, China's LinkedIn
- Website Localization for China
- Problems with Hosting a Website in China
- 5 Myths About Hosting in China and Chinese Domain Names
- All about ICP Licenses
- Online Payments in China - Which payment methods should foreign companies use?
- How to Host Videos in China - Four ways to embed videos in webpages so your Chinese customers can see them.
- Baidu Analytics Guide
Branding & Design
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Video Conferencing in China
- Marketing Plan Template - A very simple Google Doc template that we use to keep cross-cultural teams on the same page.
- Affiliate Marketing in China
- What Is Baidu Baike And How It Helps Your Marketing in China
- A video tour of Taobao, the world's largest e-commerce platform
- A video tour of Douyu, livestreaming platform for gamers
- Top 10 Chinese B2B Marketing Tactics for 2020 - The blog post leads into an email course with these topics:
- How to Use Emails for B2B in China (And, China and The Rest of The World)
- How to Use WeChat for B2B Marketing (And, Chinese Business Card Etiquette)
- Differences Betweeen Baidu and Google Advertising (And, Leveraging Your Country's Brand)
- Chinese Website Localization (And, Bad Chinese Tattoos)
- Chinese SEO (And, Trust-building > Guanxi)
- Using Zhihu for B2B Marketing (And, Chinese Names for You and Your Business)
- Social Sales-prospecting With LinkedIn and Maimai (And, Gift-giving)
- Using Video for Marketing in China (And, How to Dress for Business)
- Content Distribution in China (And, Dining for Business)
- Adapting Webinars for China (And, Speaking English for China)
- Zhihu Marketing for B2B - A bit like the "Quora of China", Zhihu is one of the best places to engage with business-oriented readers.
- Make the Most of Your Content Marketing in China
- Maimai - The LinkedIn of China
Marketing for Educational Institutions (Student Recruitment)
- Complete List of Ways to Recruit Chinese International Students
- Survey of Chinese International Students on Problems They Face Abroad - To recruit Chinese students, it's important to understand how they think.
- Should Schools Use Douyin For Marketing in China?