China Marketing 101
Wed, 01/01/2020 - 15:47
If you're learning about marketing in China, this is a great place to start. We'll take you through step-by-step.
These posts are intended for people with some marketing experience, and varying degrees of experience with China.
An Overview of Chinese Marketing
- 5 Keys to Success for Implementing a Chinese Marketing Campaign - A good place to start.
- China Digital Marketing for Western Businesses - Discusses marketing channels further.
- Brief Intro to The Chinese Language - Which type of Chinese should you use for marketing in China?
Chinese Search Engines
- China’s 4 Major Search Engines
- China SEM Campaign Pre-launch Checklist - Focused on Baidu, but also relevant for 360, Sogou and other Chinese search engines.
- Baidu Search Ad Formats - There's more to Baidu than just text ads. Also, a lot of Chinese words can fit in one ad.
- The Anatomy of a Baidu Search Results Page
- Baidu SEO Basics - How to Optimize Your Site for Baidu
- Baidu's Paid Search Interface
Chinese Social Media
- Everything You Need to Know About WeChat
- KOLs (Influencers) in Chinese Marketing Campaigns
- Weibo Marketing
- Douyin Marketing
- Xiaohongshu - Introduction and marketing
- QQ Marketing
- Website Localization for China
- Problems with Hosting a Website in China
- 5 Myths About Hosting in China and Chinese Domain Names
- All about ICP Licenses
- Online Payments in China - Which payment methods should foreign companies use?
- Baidu Analytics Guide
Branding & Design
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Video Conferencing in China
- Marketing Plan Template - A very simple Google Doc template that we use to keep cross-cultural teams on the same page.
- China B2B Social Marketing
- Zhihu Marketing for B2B - A bit like the "Quora of China", Zhihu is one of the best places to engage with business-oriented readers.
Marketing for Educational Institutions (Student Recruitment)
- Complete List of Ways to Recruit Chinese International Students
- Survey of Chinese International Students on Problems They Face Abroad - To recruit Chinese students, it's important to understand how they think.